Friday, February 8, 2008

Guide Chris Johnson
The story of how I began fly fishing isn’t “textbook” to say the least. I wasn’t born in trout country and trained to wave a fly rod at the age of three by my fly fishing relatives. I grew up in central Texas and taught myself to fly fish in the small creeks and streams that flow throughout the Texas hill country. When I began fly fishing, I was the only person that I knew that was casting a fly. As a result, my fly fishing teachers were, and still are, the rivers that I fish and the fish that swim in them. If one wants to learn the intricacies of fly fishing, there is no better way to do it than to get on the water and let the fish do the talking. To this day, home feels like water rushing past my legs on a hill country river! I have fly fished for many different species of fish and have had the privilege of traveling to several different countries to do so. I have been blessed with the opportunity to make a living guiding on the rivers that taught me to fly fish and have been doing so for the past several years. If I am not on a river then I can be found behind a fly tying vise or helping customers at my fly shop, Living Waters Fly Fishing, in Round Rock, Texas. I thoroughly enjoy this wonderful sport and love to introduce others to the endless pleasure that is fly fishing. See you on the water!


Chris Johnson
Living Waters Fly Fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment