- The Clearer the water the smaller the tippet or Line.
- Small Flies or Lures (#18-#24 Flies) or (1/8, 3/16 oz Lures)
- Natural Fly & Lure colors (midge, emergers, hares ear, flies & (craw-fish, shad colored spinners)
- Subtle Colors (white, yellow, brown, black)
- Fish moving water for Trout & agitate the fly, for other fish & lures use a swimming retrieves.
- Presentation & longer casts (staying further away from target lies or structure)
- Minimum noise & stealthy approach.
- Lower light conditions preferred
- In- between conditions
- Fish have mixed reactions based on amount of stain in water (experiment with sizes & colors)
- In general lean towards dark water techniques
- Heaver tippet or line is acceptable
- Larger Flies or large bulky lures
- Lighter colored flies or multi-colored lures
- Bright colors
- Slower bottom bumping retrieves
- Shorter cast are exceptable
- Bright light condition are better
There are many other conditions that will effect the fishing, but you will find if you use these strategies constantly you're catch rate will improve.